Here's what I think about it!

This blog site is a virtual upchuck of misc. stuff. Poetry, what I'm thinking about and what you think about it. It's new, but enjoy all the same.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Vacation!


Yes...That's Shamu, and I took that ( I rarely swipe others photos ).

I took my 13 year old daughter on a vacation this past week. 8 days of typical touristy type stuff. Universal Studios, Sea World (which I will never return to, and don't ask why...I'm still ticked off), World's Largest Hard Rock Cafe (which pardon the pun...Rocked!), The RonJon home store in Cocoa Beach, and a few other things. We had a great time, but I could not help but remember the Griswold's and feeling like I was Clark and proudly pointing out the world's largest ball of twine, but my kid knows me well enough to know that I do it to get a laugh.

Other than spending an enormous amount of money on junk, I actually was able to let go of work issues for a few days. No one believed I could because I sleep work problems, and they thought I'd call twice a day. Haha, suckers! I only called 4 times all week. It was quite refreshing. The best part to me was being able to show my daughter the best time that I could. I didn't worry about money or time and my biggest concern was being able to fit everything in so we could experience all we could in the alotted time (which my boss was not happy about when I asked for it off).

All in all it was a good time had by all, but now it's back to that freakin grindstone and rebuilding my savings account. So, there ya go. That's where I've been. You'll be seeing a few more pics as I get them fixed up (all hail Photoshop).

Peace!

6 Comments:

Blogger Fionnix said...

Woo hoo. Sounds like fun was had by all. ;) R

2:40 PM  
Blogger Slim said...

Isn't Seaworld a small fortune! It hurt handing over my charge card when I went...I understand your annoyance (some of it anyway, since you didn't elaborate)

And those Shamu pics! I took so many...what the hell am I going to do with dime-a-dozen pictures of killer whales at Seaworld?

None-the-less, it sounds like you had an enjoyable, memorable experience, as did I when I went. And that is the point, isn't it?

2:14 PM  
Blogger Rachel Heather said...

I know it costs way too much money there but isn't it such a great place!!

I love Shamu and what a greeat pic, the dolphins are great as well. Did you see the Sea Otters?

P.S - Disneyland is much much worse - its go for broke there

:)

8:39 AM  
Blogger Tiffanie said...

Cool. Glad to hear from you.

12:54 PM  
Blogger GrizzBabe said...

At least you spent loads of money on your vacation when your kid was old enough to enjoy it and remember it. So many parents take their children to Disney World and Universal Studios, etc. when they are way too young to appreciate it.

11:14 AM  
Blogger shpprgrl said...

What a vacation! It's funny how places like that get every last cent. The souvenirs are the hardest part for my little shopper. I always try to nudge her toward the pencils, they are cheap, take up little space, and are useful! Sounds like it was a memorable event with LOTS of photos. And yes, Hard Rock Rocks! Thanks for stopping by!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home