Here's what I think about it!

This blog site is a virtual upchuck of misc. stuff. Poetry, what I'm thinking about and what you think about it. It's new, but enjoy all the same.

Friday, May 05, 2006

The one that hurt!



That's the one that hurt!
Not the last one.... or the time before.

Oh wait...it was the time before.

The honesty I asked for...you had that!
The modesty you begged for...I gave that!

I forgave your regrets.
That will be the one I regret.

I did die for you.
All things promised have come to pass.

Tell me please, how a woman can beg
And refuse the steal.

You took all I could give
You chose your tool

The silence that you walked
Took more from me than what I could give

Now I ponder who fell the hardest?
Was it the pale horse you fell from?

I bet you'll wonder down your path
If the path taken was the path well taken

That will be the one that hurts!

2 Comments:

Blogger Fionnix said...

Ouch.

Who is this one about?

5:20 PM  
Blogger CP said...

2nd wife. She brought out the best and worst of me. Not to sound like a martyr, but I don't forsee ever being able to give to anyone else what I gave to her.

Sad but true.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home