Here's what I think about it!

This blog site is a virtual upchuck of misc. stuff. Poetry, what I'm thinking about and what you think about it. It's new, but enjoy all the same.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Second First Grade True Love!!!


OK...you asked for it.......ok.maybe you didn't, but here goes either way. ( These are excerpts from what will one day be a best selling novel in some alternate universe ).

My First Love

Don’t think we’ve fast-forwarded that much my friend. Now we’re at the pre-first day of the second 1st grade. I can sense the doubt from you as you compare the chapter’s title to the time-frame. But…here goes.

So mom and I arrived at the school that day to sign me up for the second (but most memorable) year of 1st grade. A fresh start, a new teacher, and a sore backside for failing the 1st, 1st grade. This was my year. As we stood in line to approach the large desk of the large woman that was to be my teacher, I saw before me a vision. She was four sets of parents/kids ahead of me. All I could see was her long brown hair, and expensive blue jeans. And somehow, I knew within that moment that destiny had called me by name and said, "This is your first love!"

My first reaction to this angelic event was to turn to my mother with my big blue, but turning green, eyes and say "Mom. That girl is going to be my girlfriend.". I’m sure she looked at me with wide, but curious eyes in that moment, wondering if her 6 year old son had already lost his mind, but with the confidence level I had asserted…how could a mother doubt that sincerity?
But was I wrong? Of course not. That’s not possible in an angelic intervention. I knew she was as good as mine. And behold, within a few weeks, we were lovers. Well… not in the modern scenario, but lovers nonetheless. Her name was "Vanessa". It even sounded angelic at the time.

After what seemed to be an eternity of "Vanessa" and I dating, came along a short little dude (even in 2nd, 1st grade terms) named Shane. My first arch-enemy. When I found out Shane was also hot for "Vanessa"….the stakes were now raised. I behaved my best, and pulled all the tricks from my tiny sleeve. Romancing her with hand-made gifts and illiterate letters written from the BIG, FAT pencils, later known to me as #3 pencils. As fate would have it, she proclaimed in a letter to us that seemed like our own personal Declaration of Independence, that she was in love with both of us and torn between the "Other Guy!", and myself. What’s this? She likes both of us? But how could this be? I saw her long brown hair and expensive blue jeans first. Mine I say!

All competitions in life are faced with struggles. This was proclaimed later that year when she wrote "The Letter!". Ah yes. The dear Clay / dear Shane letter. Who could forget. Apparently her evil parents had made the evil decision to take their evil selves and move to another evil house that would move the Angelic daughter to another evil school. What!. What’s this. A letter? Proclaiming that you can no longer love "both of us"…! You’ve got to move where? Across town you say!. Hm…This will not do! But what of the love from the two lovers? Broken!. The distance of what was probably only about 15 miles or so had caused a cataclysim of events that change my view of love. Devastation, heart-wrenching despair and agony on me was this traumatic event. So much so, that I discovered the greiving man’s best friend. Music.

Music has always been and will always be a huge part of my life but, never before has this been more realistic than in the 2nd, 1st grade. What the Billboard top charts were at the time I will not reveal for the safety of myself, and my family, but let’s just say that my old trusty 45’s pulled me through the hardest times of my life.

So what of "Vanessa and the saga of love-triumphant? We shall meet again…Indeed, we shall meet again!

(Thus ends that there chapter thingy)!

3 Comments:

Blogger Fionnix said...

Thanks for sharing, CP. :D

3:13 PM  
Blogger Tiffanie said...

;-) The catalyst for change in your life....

10:37 AM  
Blogger CP said...

Indeed. It's weird because I never went through that whole "girls are gross" phase. I may have lied to blend in with my other friends, but I always loved the ladies.

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home