Here's what I think about it!

This blog site is a virtual upchuck of misc. stuff. Poetry, what I'm thinking about and what you think about it. It's new, but enjoy all the same.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

The Trusted One!









For as long as I can remember, I think I have been tagged. Tagged as the trusted one. I remember, even in elementary school that people would come to me and trust me with things. All kinds of things. Family secrets, important papers, close and personal, confidential, highly classified (even in 5th grade) information. At times throughout the years, I could have felt uncomfortable about this, but most of the time I embraced it.
There is one incident that is indicative of what I have experienced in this field of life. Here goes...
I was in my senior year at high school and was in a class (and actually got credits for) that was some-what of an elite singing group of 30 or so very talented people (how the hell I got in I'll never know)...(and ya...I've been known to carry a tune). When we weren't rehearsing the school year's musical or preparing for the massive Christmas musical tour, we pretty much sat around and did nothing. Pretty sweet! It was like chillin' in the lunch room except in a huge auditorium with no food.

While I had a few friends in the class, I happened to be sitting by myself that day and was probably contemplating the meaning of life or some crap, when I noticed this girl that I admittedly had a crush on, balling her eyes out. Within minutes of that whole outburst the whole red alert girl brigade made a B-line to her to console the inconsolable hottie. I observed (cause that’s what I do) this for about 5 minutes, and decided that I had enough. I jumped out of my seat, and walked right over to her and the whole brigade, and stopped them in mid-consolation and looked at her in her bloodshot, saturated eyes and said, “Look I know we hardly know each other but I can’t sit here and watch you cry when I know I can probably help you quicker and better than these “friends” of yours so, if you want to come and talk…I’ll be on the stage.”. I turned around and walked toward the stage (laughing that had just pissed off the 6 strong consolation brigade) and parked it.

Within 30 seconds of getting comfortable, she astonished the brigade by ditching them and came straight to me. It’s a good thing that I aint a betting man, cause I would have placed $100 on her walking up to me and cussing me out for what I said to her friends, but instead she literally told me her life story and explained why she was distraught. Within 5 minutes of me telling her what she really needed to hear, we became instant friends (and almost lovers).

That’s the story of my life. Somehow I have become an ambassador of trust. Perhaps another time I’ll write other references to my being the poster child for the Trustee of all Trustees, but for now, I’ll just end by saying that I can’t help but think that we all exist for a reason. If my reason is to be one that is trusted and to help people that I feel are genuine in needing it, then I will continue. I still say it sucks bein a Libra.

7 Comments:

Blogger GrizzBabe said...

I carry the same "burden" as you. I am often the person that people tell their problems too and share their sercrets with. And I am glad to be there for them.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Rachel Heather said...

That was a sweet post. I get like that with some of my friends, they all love to come to me for advice and such because I am the non judging one.

Thanks for the comment about my doggie...we are still waiting

10:32 AM  
Blogger CP said...

It can be a burden, but truth be told, I'd rather be helping others than I would dealing with my own crap. It's always been that way. I get more of an ego boost knowing that I helped someone else understand what they need to do than I do people congratulating me for what I've done.

I'd be a great shrink if I had decided to go that route when I was in school.

Oh well. In the meantime I'll run my hunmble art department as best I can, and be that guy that helps when I can.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Flora Pang said...

hmmm, interesting.

you sure know how to capture the readers' attention.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

found you thru rachel... great post

I have been dubbed "the secret keeper" by my friends and family

i feel the burden all the time - especially when I am the one in need of sharing

8:10 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

You're interesting. Thanks for the advice too. I'll try to follow it. Maybe.

1:13 AM  
Blogger Fionnix said...

Being the trusted one is a scared position. Sometimes you probably need to throw your arms up and pass the job to someone else, eh?

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home