Here's what I think about it!

This blog site is a virtual upchuck of misc. stuff. Poetry, what I'm thinking about and what you think about it. It's new, but enjoy all the same.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Wine or water?


So I have taken up a new hobby lately. Wine. Not the drink till you puke kind, but I am actually in a studying mode. I do this type of thing from time to time. I am sparked by something and decide, "I want to study on this". Wine is it for now.

Alcohol is not new to me..trust me, but my interest in something new and refreshing is being peaked. I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express, yet I feel smarter by expirementing.

So far I've tried 3 types of whites, and three types of red. I've researched each to examine and document what I like the most, and the least.

Not real sure why yet.

Wine seems to me more a study of life than it is seeing what type of alcohol I like best. You go through it wandering how and where it was born, what cultivated it, what tricks Mother Nature contributed to it, what process was it harvested, what care was taken making it, what matter was it stored in, what attention was given to choose the right time to bottle, how it is stored after it is bottled and for how long, who purchases it, why, when, and what the occasion for opening it, how long to let it chill, how to open it, how long to let it breathe, how to smell, snort and sip it...and most importantly...enjoy it.

I'm finding that the best part of this new frontier is discovery. I'm exploring options that I didn't realize were as satisfying as what the rebel in me would have thought.

Who doesn't want the finer things in life?

Is happiness in life wine?...Let's see...

Where was it born, what cultivated it, what tricks Mother Nature contributed to it, what process was it harvested, what care was taken making it, what matter was it stored in, what attention was given to choose the right time to bottle, how it is stored after it is bottled and for how long, who purchases it, why, when, and what the occasion for opening it, how long to let it chill, how to open it, how long to let it breathe, how to smell, snort and sip it...and most importantly...enjoy it.

Excuse me while I take another sip!

10 Comments:

Blogger shpprgrl said...

I'm not a wine-r or a whino, just a whiner....! And I'm not really good at making sandwiches either....funny comment, if you only knew my sandwich history......

11:39 PM  
Blogger shpprgrl said...

But I am a water girl btw.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

WoW, so you're becoming one of those wine connoisseurs?!

Personally, I don't like the taste of any wines.... But, that's just me, I think alcohol is yucky.

Whatever keeps you busy and happy is all that matters though! 8-)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I truly enjoy wine. The different tastes, pairing it with different foods... good stuff! :)

Enjoy!

5:20 AM  
Blogger Slim said...

I've been experimenting with wines for several years now. I've decided I don't really like whites, reds are my thing. I started with merlot and then graduated to others. At this point in time I'm a chianti fan, but cabs and shirazes are a close second place tie.

I've also found that a low price tag does not equate bad wine. I'm somewhat of a pauper nowadays and have found some excellent $5 a bottle wines. My point-don't discount the little guys without a fair shot.

The beauty of learning about wines is that there will always be something else to try and more to learn.

4:23 PM  
Blogger CP said...

Thanks for all of the responses. While I do enjoy the wine, it's also fun to learn. I don't read often so it also helps me brush up on speakocologonisitcal skilzz.

I'm sort of like an artist with ADD. I love what I'm doing at the time but don't generally stick with large, on-going projects.

Oh well. I'm ready for a glass of wine.

Later

5:46 PM  
Blogger Rachel Heather said...

I love wine - but I don't "know" wine.

I am usually one of those girls who just asks the bartender or waiter to give me something "great".

I know I love red wine - but as far as what vinyards and such I am a lost soul.

Perhaps you will now be able to teach me :)

12:51 AM  
Blogger GrizzBabe said...

I'm not a wine connoisseur by any means (I'm more of a margarita kind of gal) but I do enjoy white zinfandel or a good merlot.

5:26 AM  
Blogger ManNMotion said...

Are you going to brew your own wine? I guess brew isn't the right word is it? This is probably geeky, but I think I'd have more fun making wine than drinking it. Water is where I'm at.

5:59 PM  
Blogger CP said...

The thought of making my own wine has crossed my mind, but I really don't think I have the patience. And water rocks!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home